In When Worlds Collide Olivia’s time travelling hot air balloon crash lands during a storm on a property in Australia. While she’s nursed back to health, she tells tales of her adventures through different lands and times in the hot air balloon.
- What does it meant to be a balloonist? It means to be at the whim and mercy of the magic of time and space. To never be fully in control of where you’re going or when you will get there. Once you climb into the magic hot air balloon, whether by choice or because you were tricked into doing so, it’s magic is the only thing that can get you home again. Only, you can’t trust it will get you there in a hurry.
- What or who are you afraid of? I’m afraid I will never get to see Edith or my friends again. I’ve travelled to so many different worlds but all I’ve ever wanted was to return home to them. I fear by the time I arrive they will have forgotten me or grown old and passed away.
- If you had one day left on earth who would you want to spend it with? Edith. I don’t think I ever fully appreciated all the things she did for me and the sacrifices she made even though I wasn’t her daughter by blood. She took me in and cared for me since I was a baby. She’s the closest thing to a mother I’ve ever had and I threw it all away.
- What do your friends think is your greatest attribute? Narelle and Audrey would always say they were jealous of my wild red hair, but they also said it was a warning to the world that I had a fiery side.
- What would you do with a million dollars? I would repair my balloon and hope that my next voyage would be my last and take me home. I would leave some for Lucy and her father to thank them for all they’ve done for me, and if I returned to Edith I would give her enough money that she would never have to sew another garment or bake another loaf of bread again.
- Do you believe in fate? Sometimes I think it was fate that took me to visit the gypsy the night I left my home. I’ve learned so many things and met so many amazing people. But other times I think it was nothing more than a selfish choice and that my punishment is to live with the consequences.
- Would you kiss the last person you kissed again? Yes. But I do not wish to say who it was.
- What is your worst habit? Doubting myself. So many times I didn’t believe I could do what needed to be done.
- Describe your family. Orphaned as a baby I never new my birth mother or father. But, Edith took me in as a child and is the only family I have ever known.
- What would you never leave the house without? My satchel. It’s always packed with a canister of water, dried fruit and a compass.
When Worlds Collide: The Balloonist Chronicles #1 releases June 19th 2020. Keep up to date with all release information by liking L. J. Higgins Facebook Page HERE!